Wednesday 19 June 2013

New shoes for Rocky

With so many tyre options available, it is easy to get overwhelmed when it comes to picking the right tyres for your ride.

So after reading enough forums to make my eyes bleed, and talking to several tyre retailers, I suddenly realized that I had run out of time to organise a set of tyres before we head to Birdsville.

As I was going to be away in the lead up to the trip, I didn't want to leave the hassle of organizing the tyres to Jo.

So, in the manner all decisions of importance, I made an impulse decision on the way home and wheeled into Costco.  After determining they had a set of D697s in stock, I said if they could fit them within the hour, I'd take them.

Challenge thrown down, and Dave from Costco rose to the occasion and fitted the tyres, as promised in under an hour, and for $25 a corner cheaper than anyone else in town.

Job done.

Initial impressions on the way home were positive. A quiet ride, and considerably more grip on our dirt road (fresh after 7mm of rain).

I hope they're up to the miles of corrugations ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment