Sunday 18 December 2011

A shiny Terry returns - but it isn't long before I break something!

It seems that everything happens in the lead up to Christmas, and of course we don't seem to do things by halves in our family.

With a busy schedule of school concerts, assemblies, swimming lessons, BBQ's, community breakfasts and the rest in the last few weeks of school, Jo and I have been having nightly planning meetings to make sure we get everything both of the little helpers to their assigned activities.  How families with more than two kids do this is completely beyond my comprehension and my sincere admiration goes out to you.

Somewhere in the middle of this, Terry was booked in for repairs, following our little mishap a few weeks ago.  With careful examination of the calender, we chose a week and a half block where living with one car would have the least impact on our family.  So on Monday 5th of December we dropped Terry off to get a new bumper, to be picked up on the 14th.

Now we have been with our insurance company for a long while, and we had no problem at all lodging the claim and getting the repairer assigned.  My heart stopped though when our case manager called me and advised me that the repair was going well, and the car should be ready to pick up on the 19th, two full weeks after being dropped off.  This was totally not in our plan, and would necessitate the hire of a vehicle to get to work over the weekend 17/18th. 

Thankfully though it was sorted with a call directly to the repairer who explained that the issue was with the case manager misunderstanding their adamant claims it would be well and truly finished on the 14th, as originally planned.  What a relief!

We almost didn't recognise the car when we picked it up.  The vehicle was immaculate and nothing like the dusty machine that was dropped off a week and a half earlier.

Posted Image


 Happy with the fit and finish of the job overall... but of course with everything so new and shiny I had to break something didn't I...

Posted Image

After getting home I decided to move the camper to get some stuff ready for the next few weeks.  I was backing the camper up the driveway when I clipped one of the trees lining the drive.  Bugger!

Funny how these things happen... best I start looking for a new mirror :)

No comments:

Post a Comment